05 January 2011

Knitting Project: Toddler Hoodie

I made this at the end of last year, but only just got around to sewing the buttons on.  This is the first cardigan I've knitted, and it's based on a free Bernat pattern - I just added the ridges (you can't see them in this photo, they're above and below the stripes on the chest), the stripes, and some extra length in the body so that the little one can wear it for slightly longer before growing out of it, and the same for the sleeves.

Had some trouble fitting the sleeves into the armholes, not sure about the cause of the problem but it turned out okay in the end.   This is the most pristine it will ever look though, as it will inevitably be covered in dog hair as soon as the little one starts wearing it!

No comments: