05 November 2010

It's Guy Fawkes' Day!

I bet I won't be seeing any kids pushing around a scarecrow-like figure in a shopping trolley, asking for a penny for the Guy... I can't actually remember whether I ever saw that back in the UK, it's just something you assumed you'd seen, I think.

It's been a few weeks since my last day at work, but since my parents are in town right now, I haven't felt lately that I've had that much more time to myself even though I don't have a job to go to. The little guy and I have been staying for long weekends with his grandparents and while I'm pretty much just the deliverer of the grandchild, I don't get to just bum around and hang out, since their place isn't baby proofed and they don't tend to follow him around. Ah well. He's also not really eating properly when we're there, as they stuff him with snacks throughout the day - sometimes it's fruit, which is good, but they also like to give him sweets and biscuits which generally aren't so good. Grandparents...

Watched a couple more Disney movies today, "The Sword in the Stone" and the first half of "Pete's Dragon". I loved the T.H.White's book when I read it as a child, and after watching the Disney version, I feel like reading "The Once and Future King" collection soon. Because I don't already have too many books on my list, sigh. Currently I'm on book 2 of the series of graphic novels, "Buddha" - really enjoying it.

No comments: